To help with my hunting streams ive purchased a couple of tripods over the past couple years which are nice except when im moving around a bunch it can get tiresome to keep folding them up and down bending the legs or what ever, i was shopping around for some mounts on amazon but couldn’t really find anything that did what i wanted which was to clamp on and hold the camera out to the side and horizontal, on my rifle something that clamps on top wouldn’t be bad because i have a scope, on this i need line of sight down the barrel so i can aim. The best part is i had most of this stuff just lying around in the shop i only had to buy the hose clamps, so this cost about a buck.
REVISION: I had to add another hose clamp to hold it still, and the socket rail was too thin and flimsy made my phone vibrate all the time, so i replaced it with some 1/8″x1″ steel strap cut and bent to fit. I still need to find a way to more securely hold the phone on it fell out of the clamp about 75% of the time i shot.
- 3/4″ pvc T fitting
metal bar from an old socket rail with the clips removed.
- 1/8″x1″ steel strap (the socket rail was too thin and flimsy)
- 2x 1/4″ x 3/4″ bolts with nuts ny-lock is best for this application
- 1x phone clamp this is what i used very tight spring loaded grip
- 2X .75″ – 1.5″ hose clamp
- 1/4″ drill bit + drill
- die grinder with cutoff wheel
- 7/16 end wrenches
- spray paint [flat colors for camo effect..ish]
- flat head screw driver